CHET ADVANCE NEWS
- Treasurer Nappier announces 2014 CHET Advance scholarship winners (June 23, 2014)
- Photos from the 2014 Scholarship Winners' Ceremony (June 19, 2014)
- Treasurer Nappier launches second year of CHET Advance scholarship (March 12, 2014)
- CHET Advance scholarship winners cheered, praised before packed house (Nov. 8, 2013)
- Treasurer Nappier announces CHET Advance scholarship winners (Oct. 30, 2013)
- Treasurer Nappier launches CHET Advance scholarship (Sept. 3, 2013)
CHET ADVANCE HISTORY
In 2014, the program awarded $2,500 scholarships to 100 high school juniors and initial $2,000 scholarships to sixth-grade students. The sixth graders have the opportunity to receive an additional $500 if the student's family saves $500 in a CHET account by the time the student goes to college. Learn more by downloading our fact sheet for sixth graders and for 11th graders.
In 2013, the program awarded $2,500 scholarships to 200 Connecticut high school seniors. The scholarship awards will be paid directly to the students' colleges, starting in the fall of 2014.
No state funds will be used for the scholarship awards issued under the CHET Advance Scholarship program. CHET Advance is administered under the banner of the Connecticut Higher Education Trust, Connecticut's 529 college savings plan. TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc. (TFI) and The Hartford, plan managers for CHET Direct-Sold and CHET Advisor-Sold, respectively, contribute annually into a Scholarship account to finance the Scholarship program, under their contracts with the Treasurer's Office to manage the CHET programs.